by Bill Martin Jr
illustrated by Lois Ehlert
Follow ten caterpillars as one wriggles up a flower stem, another sails across a garden pool, and one reaches an apple leaf, where something amazing happens.
This is an adorable book perfect for a bug, spring or counting theme and teaching unit.
For some more fun to go along with a wonderful book today a super easy math/number activity you can do with your kids.
- twist pipe cleaners around markers to make fat caterpillars: I used 15 pipe cleaners
- make leaves to match the colors or your caterpillars, label them with the number word, number and dots to match.
- Place your leaves and caterpillars in a bucket
- Let your kid lay our the leaves and tell you what each number is on the leaf.
- let your kid look at the caterpillars and pick the correct caterpillar to match the leaf and number.